Our Monitoring Center is expanding! This is a unique opportunity working in a call center for a radiation monitoring network. Our radiation detection systems are installed all over the world. They are networked back to our central monitoring station in Oak Ridge, TN. You will be assisting subscribers with technical support of systems and with radiation alarms. IT experience is a plus. This is a great opportunity to learn not only how to interpret radiation alarms, but how the systems are designed and built and how they detect radiation.
The Support Center Technician will be responsible for responding to customer issues from our 24-hour, 7-days per week contact center. This position will assist our clients, by phone, with radiation detection alarms, data entry, and system faults that may occur at their facilities during, and after normal business hours. This is an hourly, non-exempt position and will require rotating shift work including overnight shifts and weekend shifts. Experience with networking and working in virtual environments a plus.
- Interacts with Nucsafe clients to provide information in response to inquiries on Nucsafe software, hardware, and system alarms.
- Acquire a complete understanding (end-user level) of the Nucsafe hardware and software to help the customer quickly resolve their questions or issues.
- Use search tools and automated information to analyze and correct the customer’s situation.
- Maintain statistics of customer questions and issues for both hardware and software to locate issues that need attention; suggest improvements to the software operation.
- Participates in training programs and continuous improvement efforts and coordinates corrective action processes for current products.
- Monitors end-user feedback through regular interaction with end users.
- Interacts with other departments to supply technical information as needed.
- Must have the physical capabilities to lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electronics Diagnostics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Networking: 1 year (Required)
- Oak Ridge, TN (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Graveyard (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
To Apply submit your resume by e-mail to our Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include the Job Title in the Subject line.